Our area guide to Chalk Farm gives you a quick overview of the neighbourhood from its properties, public parks, local schools, council tax, public transport links to shopping and going out. Postcodes covered by this area guide include, NW1
Chalk Farm Overview
Chalk Farm is in the London Borough of Camden. It lies directly to the north of Camden Town and its underground station is the closest tube station to the nearby, upmarket neighbourhood of Primrose Hill.
Its name, deceptively rural, derives from the Anglo-Saxon for ‘cold cottages’. These days it absorbs the spread from Camden Town and has many lively pubs, live music venues, and restaurants.
Within London it is best known as the site of The Roundhouse, a former circular railway engine shed which was subsequently converted for arts and performance use.
It is also the site of the Camden College of English and with its close proximity to Camden there’s also a wide array of excellent restaurants, pubs and bars.
Guide to Chalk Farm transport links:
- Camden Road
- Euston (London)
- Kensal Green (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 2)
- Kensal Rise
- London Euston
- London Marylebone
- London St Pancras
- Marylebone (London)
- St Pancras (London)
- Stonebridge Park (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Willesden Junction (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Baker Street (Bakerloo Line, Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line) (Zone 1)
- Brent Cross (Northern Line) (Zone 3)
- Camden Town (Zone 2)
- Edgware Rd (Cir/Dis/H&C) (Circle Line, District Line, Hammersmith & City Line) (Zone 1)
- Euston (Northern Line, Victoria Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Euston Square (Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Metropolitan Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Golders Green
- Harlesden (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 3)
- Kensal Green
- Marylebone (National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Mornington Crescent (Northern Line) (Zone 2)
- Neasden (Jubilee Line) (Zone 3)
- Regents Park (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 1)
- Warren St (Northern Line, Victoria Line) (Zone 1)
Council Tax Rates
Chalk Farm is represented by Camden Council which holds the responsibility for delivering services in your area.