Our area guide to Euston gives you a quick overview of the neighbourhood from its properties, public parks, local schools, council tax, public transport links to shopping and going out. Postcodes covered by this area guide include, NW1, WC1H
Euston Road is part of the New Road from Paddington to Islington, and was opened as part of the New Road in 1756, it was London's first bypass.
Strips of terrace houses developed along both sides of the Road and in 1832 Euston Station opened to the North of the New Road. The Fitzroy Family had become the main property owner in the area and in 1852 the Road was renamed as Euston Road after 'Euston Hall' their country house.
The area around the junction with Tottenham Court Road suffered significant bomb damage during the Second World War. Under the Greater London Plan of Patrick Abercrombie Euston Road was widened. In 1960 - 61 a major set of transport modifications resulted in the destruction of the entrance to Euston Station and the construction of the underpass at the junction with Tottenham Court Road.
Many stylish new projects have been converted into office buildings and loft style apartments and imposing Georgian buildings thus making a new world.
Guide to Euston transport links:
- Camden Road
- Euston (London)
- Kensal Green (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 2)
- Kensal Rise
- London Euston
- London Marylebone
- London St Pancras
- Marylebone (London)
- St Pancras (London)
- Stonebridge Park (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Willesden Junction (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Baker Street (Bakerloo Line, Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line) (Zone 1)
- Brent Cross (Northern Line) (Zone 3)
- Camden Town (Zone 2)
- Edgware Rd (Cir/Dis/H&C) (Circle Line, District Line, Hammersmith & City Line) (Zone 1)
- Euston (Northern Line, Victoria Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Euston Square (Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Metropolitan Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Golders Green
- Harlesden (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 3)
- Kensal Green
- Marylebone (National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Mornington Crescent (Northern Line) (Zone 2)
- Neasden (Jubilee Line) (Zone 3)
- Regents Park (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 1)
- Warren St (Northern Line, Victoria Line) (Zone 1)
Council Tax Rates
Euston is is represented by Camden Council, Westminster Counci. which holds the responsibility for delivering services in your area.