Our area guide to Camden gives you a quick overview of the neighbourhood from its properties, public parks, local schools, council tax, public transport links to shopping and going out. Postcodes covered by this area guide include, NW1
Camden Town overflows with colourful markets, shops, restaurants, bars, pubs, clubs, theatres and cinemas. The town attracts enormous crowds of Londoners and tourists alike every day.
Camden Lock Market, by the Regents Canal was the original craft market, established in 1974, but now has a much wider spectrum of goods on sale. Both this and the ever popular Camden Stables Market, Camden (Buck Street) Market and Inverness Street Market - which thrived on local trade long before tourists discovered Camden, are all open every day and its unique shopping experience and cosmopolitan atmosphere makes it one of the most renowned and busiest markets in the Capital.
The market scene comes fully to life during the weekend with all stalls and shops at the markets fully trading and the lively Camden Canal Market opening Friday to Sunday.
There is always something happening in the centre of Camden Town. Days in Camden start slow and easy - shops and stalls open around 10am usually until 6pm, although some traders do stay open later.
Guide to Camden transport links:
- Camden Road
- Euston (London)
- Kensal Green (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 2)
- Kensal Rise
- London Euston
- London Marylebone
- London St Pancras
- Marylebone (London)
- St Pancras (London)
- Stonebridge Park (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Willesden Junction (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Baker Street (Bakerloo Line, Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line) (Zone 1)
- Brent Cross (Northern Line) (Zone 3)
- Camden Town (Zone 2)
- Edgware Rd (Cir/Dis/H&C) (Circle Line, District Line, Hammersmith & City Line) (Zone 1)
- Euston (Northern Line, Victoria Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Euston Square (Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Metropolitan Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Golders Green
- Harlesden (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 3)
- Kensal Green
- Marylebone (National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Mornington Crescent (Northern Line) (Zone 2)
- Neasden (Jubilee Line) (Zone 3)
- Regents Park (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 1)
- Warren St (Northern Line, Victoria Line) (Zone 1)
Council Tax Rates
Camden is represented by Camden Council which holds the responsibility for delivering services in your area.