Our area guide to Primrose Hill gives you a quick overview of the neighbourhood from its properties, public parks, local schools, council tax, public transport links to shopping and going out. Postcodes covered by this area guide include, NW1
Primrose Hill Overview
Primrose Hill is a hill located on the north side of Regent's Park in north London, and also the name for the surrounding district. The hill has a clear view of central London. Like Regent's Park the area was once part of a great chase appropriated by Henry VIII and became Crown property in 1841. In 1842 an Act of Parliament secured the land as public open space.
The built up part of Primrose Hill consists mainly of Victorian terraces. It has always been one of the more fashionable districts in the urban belt that lies between the core of London and the outer suburbs, and remains expensive and prosperous.
This small, grassy, hilly park, boasting fantastic views over London, has become increasingly popular with the young, the trendy and the famous – particularly from the media world but don't let this put you off. It's a great place to stroll through and take in the scenery. Having climbed the steep slopes and admired the panorama you can regain your strength in one of the many cosy cafés, restaurants or pubs nearby.
Guide to Primrose Hill transport links:
- Camden Road
- Euston (London)
- Kensal Green (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 2)
- Kensal Rise
- London Euston
- London Marylebone
- London St Pancras
- Marylebone (London)
- St Pancras (London)
- Stonebridge Park (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Willesden Junction (Bakerloo Line, National Rail) (Zone 3)
- Baker Street (Bakerloo Line, Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Jubilee Line, Metropolitan Line) (Zone 1)
- Brent Cross (Northern Line) (Zone 3)
- Camden Town (Zone 2)
- Edgware Rd (Cir/Dis/H&C) (Circle Line, District Line, Hammersmith & City Line) (Zone 1)
- Euston (Northern Line, Victoria Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Euston Square (Circle Line, Hammersmith & City Line, Metropolitan Line, National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Golders Green
- Harlesden (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 3)
- Kensal Green
- Marylebone (National Rail) (Zone 1)
- Mornington Crescent (Northern Line) (Zone 2)
- Neasden (Jubilee Line) (Zone 3)
- Regents Park (Bakerloo Line) (Zone 1)
- Warren St (Northern Line, Victoria Line) (Zone 1)
Council Tax Rates
Primrose Hill is represented by Camden Council which holds the responsibility for delivering services in your area.